We provide holistic dentistry services.
At Smile Cove Pediatric Dental, we are a proud holistic dentistry office. There are several things this means for our patients who come to see us in Tampa, Florida, and we believe this approach to dentistry benefits the children we work with in many ways.
Here are just a few ways we practice holistic dentistry at our office:
- We only use allergen-friendly products to polish and clean teeth. Our fluoride products are also free of dyes and allergens. Additionally, the polish products we use are BIG-8 free.
- When we do fillings, we do not offer any that contain mercury. Instead, our sealants and fillings are white and BPA-free.
- When your child comes in for an exam, we will look for things like enlarged tonsils, mouth breathing, and teeth grinding. Based on our findings, we can make appropriate referrals when necessary.
- During your appointment, we will examine your child’s teeth for signs of reflux and acid erosion. We can also provide education on the types of foods that are most likely to cause cavities.
- Oral habits like thumb sucking, tongue thrusting, and pacifiers can affect the teeth’s alignment. We can provide advice and guidance on these habits when necessary.
- We use silver diamine fluoride to help prevent cavities.
- We know some of our patients need minimal talking and background noise during uncomfortable procedures. For this reason, we offer private treatment rooms when more comprehensive dental work needs to be done.
To learn more about our comprehensive approach to holistic dentistry, please contact us today.